Thursday, March 10, 2011

My will or Thy Will

Dear God - I surrender my life to you. Help me to change my will to Thy will.

Just as your Son Jesus was tempted for a 40 day period; just as Moses had two 40 day experiences on the mountain; just as Elijah fasted during a 40 day journey to hear You; just as You opened the windows of heaven and cleansed the earth during a 40 day rain, and as Jesus appeared during a 40 day span after His resurrection, I consecrate my life before You these 40 days for my change and victory over the seven deadly sins.

I ask for and expect to be a new person after this 40 day consecration. I ask for and expect that during these 40 days within my life, mind, and spirit, opposition, resistance, and challenge will come; but I will win, because I know that greater is He who is within me than he who is in the world.

I will overcome every temptation, opposition, doubt, resistance, challenge, and bad habit. With your help Dear God, I will succeed.

This is a lent prayer I found online that you are supposed to recite each day of lent! Having trouble with doubt today. Old perceptions die hard.

Not ready for some of the theology and meanings offered in the Bible yet, but thought this website was interesting. My favorite numbers since I was young have always been 12 and 7. Aaron's number is 9-the number of finality...weird to look at the meanings of numbers in the Bible. Numbers find me. Lilly's Birthday is on the same date as Aaron's great-grandma (she's 101 now!), she was born at 1:17 in room 711 in 11/17. I see numbers everywhere!

Biblical Numbers at work

3-11-11 Titus 2:1-15 and Maryellen's reflection was very influential today. I liked 3-5 the best. I wonder if Mrs. Hensch would still consider me irreverent? I try not to speak of others in a slanderous tone, but do like beer...hmmm. Maybe next year I will give up beer for lent!

3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment