Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Specific Prayer Requests

"Um, Laura, you are trending in my newsfeed on facebook."

COMPLETELY AWESOME!!  Just think about how many people are praying for me!! 

Seriously, thank you all for sharing my story, seeking additional prayers on my behalf and talking with the people that I need to be in contact with in order to move this mountain.

We met with the oncologist at the Cleveland Clinic on Friday before my bone marrow biopsy.  He is currently approved for a clinical that HE WROTE-how cool.  The trial involves a pill form of an immune system boost OR a placebo in addition to the recommended second line of treatment: taxotere- Chemotherapy.  Either way, I will be getting the chemotherapy that is most widely used to treat a recurrence of breast cancer. 

I talked with a doctor at MD Anderson Cancer Center to discuss recommendations from them.  He was on board with ALL of the recommendations of my oncologist in Cleveland (and added rest and a positive attitude to the recommended treatment).  The opportunity to conference with this doctor is one of the crazy/beautiful things about life.  When I said yes to a bookkeeping job 10+ years ago, I would have never guessed I would need the connections I've made here as a matter of life or death.  When you have to make treatment decisions for yourself or a loved one, it's emotionally exhausting.  "Am I making the right call?"  "Should we get a second/third/fourth opinion?" "What if my body responds better to the other drug?" Plus, a million, trillion other random thoughts. So, when someone from a world renowned cancer center states his plan would be pretty much identical, it's very reassuring.

The plan:

I will start a clinical trial on Tuesday (2/10) by taking two pills every day. HOPEFULLY, it will be the immune system boost and not the placebo.  I have to go to the clinic to retrieve my pills and answer questions about side effects, energy levels, etc.

I will start taxotere-chemo on 2/17, via IV.

I will have a scan on 2/24.

This will be the cycle every three weeks for 4-6 months or as long as I can tolerate the side effects. They will also squeeze in some Reclast/Zometa once a month to encourage healthy bone growth. Currently, I am planning to work when I'm feeling up to it.  My bosses have been great and want me here as much as I'm able.  I am also planning a few vacations.  The first one is a girls getaway and it works out to be a good week chemo-wise:)

That's the latest scoop on my health.  I think I've been keeping everyone updated on our fourth child from China, Helen.  Her 13th birthday was perfection and all of us are going to miss her when she leaves.

As I prepare my mind and body again for torture, I have a few specific prayer requests:
-That I get the immune system boost and not the placebo.
-That I tolerate the cancer well and more importantly, it blasts the shit out of the cancer and works like round up on weeds (MD Anderson doctors comparison;)).
-That my children see as little of my side effects as possible and as many of my quirky, fun traits instead.
-That my immediate family finds peace with this new hurdle and strength to cope with this diagnosis with grace.

Heidi took pictures, asked a thousand questions, and made mental notes of our appointment on Friday.  I have invited her to share this experience from her point of view and write a guest blog...I THINK she will, but I KNOW it will be late.  She's NEVER on time;)  Here is the update in the meantime.


2 comments:

  1. JESUS, my dearest king, I PRAY for my muslim friend Jamshed and his muslim mother Diljohn . Jesus HEAL there bodies from medical illnesses, RIGHT NOW . Jesus your NAME has the POWER to HEAL, your NAME has the POWER to SAVE . Jesus, YOU LOVE THEM, with A PASSION, YOU DIED on the CROSS for THEM, so they could have LIFE MORE ABUNDANTLY . YOUR DESIRE, is to SAVE SAVE SAVE Jamshed & Diljohn's PRECIOUS SOULS from there BONDAGE . JESUS, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, I ASK YOU, PLEASE, REVEAL YOURSELF to them, SHOW THEM, WHO YOU ARE, you are the ONLY WAY, the truth, the life, GIVE THEM AMAZING, DEEP, BIG & BREATHLESS dreams, visions, miracles, make your PRESENCE KNOWN . SHINE YOUR GLORIOUS LOVE upon them . HOLY SPIRIT, TOUCH Jamshed & Diljohn's hearts physically, internally, mind, body & spirit . HOLY SPIRIT, REACH OUT to them, OPEN THERE EYES to the LIGHT, make this prayer COME ALIVE . Jesus SPEAK to them RIGHT NOW . I believe ALL THINGS are possible in the NAME and POWER of JESUS . I believe EVERY WORD of this prayer . I CLAIM IT, in JESUS NAME . I know YOUR MIRACLES have just BEGAN . Let this PRAYER be a LIVING TESTIMONY to inspire & bring many souls to the KINGDOM of JESUS . There is VICTORY in your NAME . I love you JESUS . Amen .

    PLEASE SHARE my prayer request worldwide .

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE FOR YOU #JESUS

    SALVATION IN THE NAME OF JESUS .

    MAKE YOUR PRESENCE KNOWN TO - - - JAMSHED - - - I CLAIM YOUR PROMISES JESUS . TOUCH HIM RIGHT NOW .

    ReplyDelete