Sunday, July 24, 2011

Jenni's Challenge Day 29

Day 29: 3 Wishes

I remember hearing about the Hammitts and the terrible tragedy of losing their mom (and also being survivors) in the tornado a little over a year ago. When I heard the news my stomach hurt and my heart ached, but it wasn't until I saw them in church on Christmas Eve that I felt God's whisper to reach out to them. After church on Christmas Eve I felt compelled to request Jenni and Amy on facebook as I didn't have time in my rush to get to our annual shrimp fest to say hello and that I had been praying for them. I have known them my entire life. They grew up in the same church as me, went to the same school as me and lived in the same town as me, but when I heard about their mom I didn't want to be one of *"them". I would greet them with a smile and hello as we passed, but never took the time to reach out until recently.

Today is day 29 of a 30 day blog challenge that I decided to join. The blog challenge was posted by Jennifer Hammitt (you can visit one of her blogs here).

1. Norm Hammitt, Jenni's father, passed away this morning so I think it is only fitting that she gets my first wish and most of my thought concentration today as I post day 29 of her challenge. I started following her blog shortly after I sent her a friend request. She is a wonderful writer, she has even written a novel! I read somewhere that if you write honestly and truthfully people will relate to and be drawn to your writing. I'm pretty sure that's why I'm drawn to her writing. Anyways, back to my wishes. I wish for strength and peace for her, Amy, Adam and the rest of the Hammitt clan during the difficult days, weeks, months and years to come. Hoping they find some comfort knowing that their parents are once again together.

2. I wish a lifetime of love and happiness for the beautiful newlywed couple married yesterday, Eric and Katie Warner. The ceremony and reception was beautiful...and one of the most gorgeous dresses I have seen yet!

3. My last wish is that my house will miraculously be clean, the laundry done and put away and my children sleeping when I snap my fingers. SNAP. No, didn't work. Guess I better go play maid and mommy. And since I knew that wish wouldn't work, I'll post a wish #3G.

3G. Today, as I am feeling reflective and blessed to have listened to God's whisper on Christmas Eve, I wish that everyone takes the time to listen to Him whisper to them. Even if you don't know the reason He is whispering, listen. I was able to make two new friends that have more in common with me than I would have ever known if I wouldn't have taken five minutes to email them.

Continued prayers to the Hammitts. May every sunrise hold more promise and every sunset hold more peace.


PICTURE THANKS TO GRANT CUMMINGS



*One of 500 requests for friendship on fb when you are dealing with a tramatic event and then when the dust settles those 500 friends aren't anywhere to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment