Friday, December 27, 2013

Smiles, Hugs and a Few Tears

For the antifacebook crew:

Done with radiation! Enjoyed lots of smiles, tons of hugs and a few tears with the staff. DONE.

The burn under my arm looks a ton better.  My plastics doc is going to be so excited when he pumps up my right foob next week.  He was not sold on having anyone other than the Clinic treat me, but it turned out great.  I have one spot on my collar bone that is irritated right now.  It itches like crazy, but it should be good to go by the time anything permanent will be done with my foobs.  Radiation burns can appear weeks late.  They will not take the expanders out and replace them with the implants until they are completely healed...3-6 months from now.


So, the next step...

My cancer is estrogen positive-it feeds off of estrogen.  The doctors are going to take away my estrogen producers (ovaries).  Removing my ovaries reduces the chance of recurrence (cancer coming back) by up to 50%!  Pretty huge risk reduction!!  I will have this surgery January 6th. They will do it laproscopic and the recovery time is minimal.

BUT, it doesn't come without side effects.  I'll be thrown back into menopause...for good this time. I have to apologize a lot when I'm not a crazy, psychotic, hormonal lunatic.  I think I'll just stay home and keep quiet until my hormones level off a bit.  PRAY FOR AARON AND THE MONSTERS.

After surgery, I will start arimidex to further suppress estrogen production.  I will be on this drug for 5-10 years. Osteoporosis is one of the main side effects of this class of drugs, so I will also start taking calcium.  I'm fairly certain this is part of my punishment for my less than tolerant attitude toward the elderly. 

Oh, we had a wonderful Christmas...Daddy didn't have to work Christmas Eve OR Christmas day.  After I took a nap, I was much more pleasant to interact with. We ate too much food and played with all of the monsters' new toys. 

I decided on my New Years Resolution. I'm going to get more organized.  I thought it would be liberating to throw out my planner.  I stopped writing down appointments, games, etc. in May.  I let Aaron handle the checking account and appointments and school work...we didn't bounce any checks, miss any games and only a few homework assignments were eaten by our non-existent dog.  BUT, it didn't relieve any stress really.  Instead, I just worried about what game or assignment we were going to miss or if there was enough money in the account to cover expenses.

Ok, I'm a control freak!  I admit it.  Again, pray for Aaron and the monsters!

Anyways, Sarah Kuhn sent me a check with instructions to get something for me.  (Oh, Sara, I will cash it soon. I'm really bad at cashing checks, someone should have told you that;) And, I'm REALLY bad at sending thank you's...so THANK YOU!!)



LOVE writing in a new planner:)

Cheers to a new page, a new chapter, a NEW YEAR!!



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

No comments:

Post a Comment