Tuesday, August 14, 2012

why Why WHY

Lilly has ALWAYS been inquisitive.  I keep thinking to myself that someday soon she will stop asking why so often, but she never even slows down.   If you ask her why she asks so many questions, she'll tell you 'so that she can continue to learn' or some other reason relating to gaining knowledge.  She is just bursting with questions about EVERYTHING!  Why this? What's that? Who's she? What are we doing tonight? What's the date today?  Why does the nail tech speak a different language? Why did you order Becks instead of Marcos?  Where's my library card?


Usually I can answer.  Usually if I feed her enough answers, she will eventually stop with the why's!


While we were getting ready for pictures she said "Mommy, why do I look just like you, but Camille doesn't?"

Well, honey, Cami is part of Daddy, too.

"Oh, well, not technically."

(Oh great, here we go)  Yes, Lil, technically part of Daddy is in all of you.  Even though you look (and act) like me the most, part of Daddy is in you, too.

"Well, I don't get how he's part of me.  I don't look like him and how would part of him get into me anyways, I grew in your belly, not his."

I don't know, go ask Daddy!

"Oh, I know Mommy, because God knew that you would marry Daddy so he put part of Daddy in each of us, right?"

  Yep, Lil, I'm sure that's EXACTLY the correct answer...(At least for the next few (as many as possible) years)!!!


AHHHHHH!!! Not ready to answer questions like this!!


No comments:

Post a Comment