Monday, August 27, 2012

Finish the Dash-FAIL! Finish the week with a smile-SUCCESS!!

 So, the week before the second warrior dash my training lacked quite a bit.   I didn't run at all.  Actually, I didn't work out at all other than volleyball on Wednesday.  Sunday I was exhausted from pretending that I was 21 at the bay.  Monday I was feeling sorry for myself and the rest of the week I didn't have anyone to watch the monsters so that I could run because we were on vacation by ourselves.

In my defense, even if I would have run last week, I am doubtful that I would have finished without walking parts of the dash;)

By Wednesday I was over my Negative Nancy, party pooper attitude, all of my meetings were done and I decided to enjoy my monsters.  We explored the lake, rode around on the golf cart, went swimming, enjoyed kiddie cocktails at Mon Ami (ok, I might have had a glass of Sangria;)), bought school supplies and some new clothes, read books, cuddled and listened to 92.5 since Daddy doesn't let us;)

By the time we arrived at the campsite on Friday I was relaxed, makeup free and quite ready to spend some QT with the Travs and all of our monsters.  So, I MIGHT have threatened to pack up the entire campsite a few (DOZEN) times, I might have pretended to be on Seinfeld (SERENITY NOW) as one monster was tugging at my leg, another on my arm and another whining in the background...BUT that's just me. 

Like my brother says: I'm much cooler on the internet!  In real life I get aggravated with whiny, clingy children.  I make false threats. I call my friends lame (But seriously it's lame to get a hotel instead of camp with us:P).  I don't call enough.  I don't get every present I want to get on time or in the mail when I want to.  I can't pretend to be interested in meetings...it's just not possible!  When someone is late, I'm instantly in bitch mode...and it takes me a long time to snap out of it (like, I don't know, 3 beers was it?).  USUALLY I can end the day with the smile though!

Ok, I'm done babbling now.  The point of the post was: by the end of the week I was DIRTY and tired.  I had to walk part of the warrior dash (when Amy could have run it all if I wasn't such a slacker)-FAIL!  BUT, I made lemonade out of lemons.  We had a wonderful trip to the lake.  We had a blast at the water park.  We enjoyed the campfires and FELLOWSHIP (Ryan refers to my never ending need to converse with everyone fellowship time...we've decided Ty is even more into fellowship than I am:)) Aaron made it to the Warrior Dash in time to run and visit with my family on our way home.  We ended the week with a smile-SUCCESS!

First week of school, practices, studies, games every night...can we end this week with a smile?  I better get moving!



1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to have a good time last week! Jeremiah also discourages listening to 92.5 so I occasionally dance around the kitchen with Oscar singing Nicki Minaj or Katy Perry just to irritate him :-)

    ReplyDelete