Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Obligatory First Day Photos!

Lilly COULD.NOT.WAIT. to start school.  She has always loved school, never been nervous and didn't even think about shedding a tear.  I had to ask her to walk back and give me a kiss on her first day of preschool.  This year she is in 2nd grade.  She did request that I stay home long enough to do her hair...hey, I'll take it.  She probably will not want me to that very much longer.  She still enjoys my notes and surprises in her lunch, but did request that I make them shorter...it did turn rather lengthy once I started writing...I know, big surprise:)

First day of second grade-Mrs. Perkins:


 
Camille is not quite as confident about leaving Mommy. She managed to hold back the tears AND smile before she walked on the bus on her first day of her second year of preschool. Before the bus arrived, she wouldn't leave my side to take a picture with the Thatcher babysitter crew and asked that I stand right by her. She ripped off part of my shoes and asked if she could keep it with her today in case she was scared. (Shrug-sure, honey (WEIRDO;))

First day of second year of preschool-Miss Blechinger and Miss G:




Keegan put on a good act when we talked about starting school.  He acted excited when he woke up, got dressed, picked what he wanted in his lunch and acted tough...until it was time to get on the bus.  His lip started to quiver when I told him goodbye and he walked back for one last hug and kiss.  I think he managed to hold them all in, but he was very nervous and hesitant.  He wasn't able to hold them in on the bus ride home and his teacher reported that he was very sad when he had to leave Camille after recess and storytime.  When I asked him about his day though he said he had so much fun and as long as Cami sits by him on the bus he'll go back:)

First day of preschool-Mr. Swindel and don't know her name yet:):




 
 
So far so good...getting used to the bedtime routine again is harder for Mommy, I think.  Getting up earlier to pack lunches is harder for Mommy too!
 

 Lilly tooted...stinky!



 
Almost tears...but he held it together:)


 Miss Beth's favorite day...she gets to see me:)


 

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love that Camille took part of your shoe, that is so cute. I can relate . . . my first day of preschool I cried like crazy and my mom ended up sitting outside the classroom on a bench the ENTIRE day. I kept checking to make sure she was still there. I think the teachers probably discourage that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, does that mean Cam is going to be a freak like you?? :P I am not as nice as your mom...no way I would sit outside their classroom for an ENTIRE day!!!

      Delete