Monday, April 2, 2012

Can't wait to check fb!

Busy, but good weekend:)  Lunch with the Mights and the Clyde girls...only one thing that I HAD to do all weekend and it actually went very smoothly!  After delivery I drove around BG for a few minutes just because...lots of memories there!

CAMILLE IS PLAYING SOCCER!! So proud of my shy, little sweetheart!  She repeatedly said no when we asked her if she wanted to play, so we didn't sign her up.  One of the teams needs another player and somehow I convinced her to try it...and she LOVES IT!  Yay!

Higher life insurance premium because my Dad died from cancer.  Isn't it enough that he died from cancer!? I have to pay more because of it...what a kick in the face. UGHHHH. 

Really over cancer in general this week.  Continued prayers for Connor AND his family.  Kudos to Sarah for not exploding on the gentlemen that commented on Connor's mohawk haircut...I would have lost it! I heard a saying that I'm sure I've heard a thousand times, but when I heard it yesterday I thought of dear Sarah.

"God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called."

Your positive attitude is inspiring. Your love for your son is so very obvious in each word you write.  It breaks my heart to read your words, but I hope you know that your courage and strength is admirable.  It pushes others to give that extra kiss and squeeze when they're late for work.  I hope you can feel the love that everyone is sending to you!!

Prayers for the Mights...not looking forward to seeing Ry and Ady this week. They think I have unlimited knowledge on the subject of death and dying.  I managed to dodge the questions this weekend, but I'm sure they will corner me soon, especially since Smoky died so soon after their puppy was killed.  It's hard to answer the type of questions they will ask.

Lots and lots of prayers for Mugga and the rest of the Bowen clan.  One of the sweetest ladies around town, who is giving and kind to everyone she knows.  Prayers to my aunt, uncle and cousins as they stand strongly united in the waiting room...oh, how I hate the waiting room. Prayers to my pseudo aunts, uncles and cousins and Grandpa Bowen as well.

3 comments:

  1. Laura, you are too kind, but thank you. We can definitely feel the love from family, friends, and strangers alike. I don't mean to break hearts by sharing our story, and I'm certainly not looking for sympathy, but if I can help someone be more thankful, I am honored. ~Sarah~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I know you're not looking for sympathy...I just wanted YOU to know that I think you're doing a wonderful job! Showing your young man how to face tough obstacles with class and grace! I hope today goes as quickly and as smoothly as possible!! Much love;)

      Delete