Thursday, April 19, 2012

Operation TUTU

So, someone that is not very intelligent, decided it was a GRAND idea to convince some of her friends to sign up for the warrior dash.  A person that has NEVER liked to run and wasn't really even working out when she thought it was a good idea to sign up to race 3.5 miles WITH obstacles.  A person that really likes chips and beer...oh, yeah, me. I decided that we should do this stupid warrior dash.  Ashley decided that we should wear these "cute little tutus"...except I tried it on and it's NOT CUTE on me!!! I look like the overweight toothfairy.  It's frightening!

On a mission after a picture in the tutu shocked me into crash fitness/starvation mode!  I needed some motivation for the tutu race and bathing suit season anyways...the disgusting tutu picture did the trick!  Cutting out pop, chips, and beer adding water and veggies...I hate veggies. Committing to a workout at least 4 times a week. Most likely I will still purchase a different tank top because I'm not envisioning my Mommy pouch/beer belly getting to the point where I feel comfortable in that tight bright blue tank top that shows every roll and curve, but hopefully I will look a little more appealing by the end of Operation Tutu!

Day 1: Granola bar, coffee, STARVING BEFORE LUNCH salad-no cheese or meat with ranch, vitamin water, shakeology, 3/4 piece of cheese pizza, popcorn; 2.75 miles logged

Day 2: Granola bar, coffee, 1/4 of the full size garbage salad (last week I ate the entire thing...EEEKKK),  shakeology, one piece of bacon, apple (Full all day until about 9pm...apple did help); TurboFire with Aricca and walk with Amanda:)

Day 3: Protein bar, coffee, chai latte w soy from Biggby's (totally not my fault...a partner at the firm beeped with a request to use coupon-I had to do it!), wheat bagel with cream cheese, one-half of a roast beef sandwich on sourdough bread with cheese and a small amount of mayo, small helping of mac and cheese, apple ...REAL FOOD WAS AMAZING TODAY!; Brisk 2 mile walk/run with Marci:)

Day 4: Protein bar, coffee, garden salad-no cheese or meat with ranch, baked potato with lots of broccoli and pepper, a little bit of cheese and a pinch of bacon...and I'm stuffed!  Two healthy cookies (oatmeal, raisin, cranberry, kuskus, almonds, wheat flour, butter). It's crazy how in less than one week of eating less I'm already used to it.  I don't feel like I'm starving and I have more energy. (STILL TOTALLY WANT THE CHIPS, POP, AND BEER).  I feel like I can't drink enough water.  I'm thristy all the time...anyone know why?; Week 3 of 30 Day Shred and a 1.25 mile jog

Anyways, I will not post Operation Tutu updates to facebook after this, but for those of you that have started a mission of your own, you can check your progress against mine, but I don't own a scale and I'm too lazy to measure. So really you can just follow if you're nosey and want to make yourself feel better about your dieting failures.  I always start slacking around day 5 and give up totally by day 7:)  Really I'm just blogging this so that I can complain when I'm hungry and hold myself accountable for my intake and exercise.  I'm hoping that this accountability will force me to make this last longer than my usual week!  Oh and I'm only drinking alcohol April 28th and May 5th-don't invite me to have cocktails.  I'm on a mission...I bet my friends will start a pool to see how long this will last:)

THIS IS EXACLY WHAT I LOOK LIKE THIS WEEK...well, actually, his breasts might be bigger than mine:)


5 comments:

  1. I'm impressed!!

    If you ever need a running buddy let me know. I run SLOOOOOW though...so don't expect me to sprint.

    I wish I could diet...but I can't. I go a few days and then binge on Taco Bell and humiliation. And I love beer too much to give it up, but I'm freaking impressed with your menu! (And self-control).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll binge soon...like I said, by day 5 I'm usually off track and usually done completely by day 7;)

      I can barely complete one mile without taking a break to walk...you wouldn't slow me down!

      Goodluck at your race! FREAK:)

      Delete
  2. Ok, put some protein on your salad!!!! Grilled chicken breast and feta! You will stay full longer! Get a scale and weigh yourself every morning after you potty:) It helps to see when you lose/gain and modify your food. You can monitor which foods you lose/gain with and add/eliminate those foods! You give up and binge b/c you are depriving yourself. Light beer does not make me gain weight...I have 1/2 almost every night(I do not drink pop so this is by fizz). Jealous of your Shakeology! I need to get exercising now that Parker is back to school. Did you get pure protein bars and almonds yet? Good luck keep up the good work! Love the pic :) Sorry for the mile long comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not hungry during the day...it's at night...more boredom than hunger, I think! No, I have another box and a half of whatever kind of protein bar Aaron got at the store that I need to finish first, but I already put pure protein bars on the list for next week;) I don't like to have 1 or 2 beers, I like to have 10:) If I leave the Ville this weekend I will grab a scale so that I can report to my wonderful blog followers;)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete