Friday, November 16, 2012

Conversations with Crackheads: Angel Food Cake

Earlier in the week I called Aaron while I was shopping at Meijer. 

Hey, do we have any cake mix?  I need to make one for Friday.

Yea, I bought one for your birthday, but your psycho friends made one so I didn't have to.

Ok, sounds good, see you soon.

Yesterday was a LONG day. At 8:30 I turned on the oven and searched for the cake mix. 

Honey, where is the cake mix?  Please tell me that this (holding the box of ANGEL FREAKING FOOD CAKE) isn't what you were talking about!!

Yea, that's it.

Ummm, this is angel food cake...NOT CAKE!!! (With a little, ok, a LOT of eye roll AND attitude)

------------------------------------------------------------
 
Ring, ring, ring.  Come on! Answer the phone!!
 
Message:  Hey, call me back, I need to know if I can make an angel food cake in this big annoying pan that I bought so that I could make the chocolate chip cake that you make except, well, you know how that turned out when I attempted to make that.  Call me!
 
*Shrug* It looks the same shape as an angel food cake, I'm sure it will work.  It says 10X4, that's what this thing is.  Pour, mix, dump, plop in the oven.
 
------------------------------------------------------------
 
Ring, ring, ring. 
 
Hey, what's up?
 
Never mind, I already decided to make it in the pan I found.
 
Oh no, what are you making?
 
Angel food cake for the girls birthday party tomorrow. My friend and her annoying husband are starting to laugh at this point in the conversation.
 
Ummm, what 8 year old likes spongy, angel food cake?
 
I calmly explain to her that my husband THOUGHT that since it looked like the confetti cake that I enjoy on the front of the box, that it was confetti cake, not ANGEL FOOD confetti cake!!  But, no worries, I'm sure it will turn out great!  And who cares? They're 8 year olds, they'll eat anything!
 
PLEASE TELL ME YOU SPRAYED THE PAN GOOD!! (WITH MORE ANNOYING LAUGHTER FROM HER AND THE PEANUT GALLERY AKA J)
 
No, it specifically said do not spray the pan!
 
OMG, Laura, that pan ALWAYS needs to be sprayed!! (WITH TEARS STREAMING DOWN HER FACE FROM LAUGHTER).  I'll make them a cake!  What kind do they want?
 
Girls, do you want the cake Mommy made or do you want the other Laura to make you one?
 
No offense Mom, but can Laura make us one?  How about chocolate with chocolate frosting?
 
SURE! FINE! THAT'S FINE!
 
Just for the record.  The angel food cake turned out FINE!  (Okay, so I might have had to pull the spongy cake out of the pan and piece it together, but still;))
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment