Monday, November 12, 2012

Breathe in, breathe out, move on.


I have family and friends dealing with actual problems.  Addiction, depression, death, sadness. 

None of their stories are mine to tell.

This one is.

I get hives when I'm stressed.  When I'm stressed, I can't sleep.  When I can't sleep, my mind is unkind.  It wanders.  It's unsatisfied.  It doesn't turn off.  When I can't turn my mind off, it chases thoughts that I don't want to follow. My chest feels heavy and a hive appears.

Lately it's a vicious cycle.  I started working out again and that does seem to help some, but I'm still getting the hives.  The knot in my shoulder is still aching; a constant reminder that I'm unable to release all of the anxiety.

The thing is, I don't have one thing that I should be stressed about, yet the ugliness is still there.  I'm quick tempered with the kids and they're whiny because they haven't been sleeping well either.  I thought the weekend away with my girls would do the trick, but when I returned home, I was still snapping over nothing.

We were the normal busy all week, but instead of running myself ragged trying to maintain the house during the madness, I went to bed with the kids...every.single.night. except Thursday!  Instead of cleaning, I cuddled.  Instead of girls night with my girlfriends, I spent girls night with my baby girl.  Instead of laundry, I went to the park with my baby boy.  I helped a stranger with her baby at a baby shower.  I let tears fall in front of 500 people as I prayed for a cure. I squeezed my friends hand because I needed her to know that I'm here while she misses her loved one.  I went to church and listened to the wise words that my friend always offers.

And you know what?

All of us are feeling better now.

The monsters just needed their Mommy to be present. I just needed to relax.  Take a deep breath.  Pray.

Now that I'm feeling better, I'm more aware of the importance of rest. Good thing I'm feeling rested and ready to conquer the world...birthday sleepovers, family fun party, and family outings to finish off the birthday month!!



PS:  There are a couple people that think I can do it all.   Just so you know, I sent rice crispy treats in for Camille's birthday.  Plain.old.ricecrispytreatswithafewsprinklesontop.  Not a cute pinterest treat, not even cupcakes.  Melted butter and marshmallow mixed with cereal.  I plan to do the same for Keegan AND Lilly. (I bet the kids don't notice the difference;))




No comments:

Post a Comment