Wednesday, November 21, 2012

22 Day Countdown to Thanksgiving.


Day 1: TWEEZERS so that I don't have a uni brow or beard:)

Day 2: BEDTIME because some days I don't think I could make it later than 9pm with the monsters still living.
Day 3: ROAD TRIPS........but for two very different reasons!  I love to take road trips with my family because it usually means I'll finish a book or two.  Road trips with friends are equally as exciting because I get to be close, compact and connected with my soul sisters as we share our struggles and triumphs:)
Day 4: PERSONAL SHOPPERS I have a few personal shoppers. Generally, I do not ENJOY shopping, so they take care of me.  Today I'm wearing earrings that Heidi purchased for me because I needed something red and black for a concert last year. (I gave her one day notice;)) Ashley, Laura, Marci and Amy are sometimes called on when I need something, too.  After 9 hours of shopping, I'm super thankful that I have personal shoppers on call!!  I don't have to shop for myself either because my Mommy still buys most of my clothes and Amy's closet completes my wardrobe:)
Day 5: MULTIPLE BATHROOMS I am so sick of cleaning the toothpaste out of the sink twice a freaking day!  I can't wait until the kids bathroom is functioning again...the spit is out of sight to stopperbyers and I don't care if their sinks are full of toothpaste:)
Day 6: COACHES Ryan Travis and Aaron Hunt did a wonderful job coaching the girls soccer team.  All of the girls improved and were excited about soccer the entire season!  They did a great job communicating with the parents to make sure everything ran smoothly as well. Coaches in general, too.  Even bad ones are giving up their time to try to make youngsters play as a team and I think some people forget that.
Day 7: SAM.ADAMS.CHERRY.WHEAT.
Day 8: COUCHES  I'm not sure why I don't pick the spare bed, but when I pick to sleep on the couch, I can pretend NOT to hear the kids when they wake up in the middle of the night...like Aaron does 99.6% of the time!
Day 9: FREE TICKETS Thanks to the Cummings, I'm going on a date with my middle child.  She turned 5 today!!  Crazy!  Probably wouldn't have singled her out if we didn't have two tickets to a game. B-G-S-U
Day 10: CLOROX WIPES Sometimes in the business of life, there simply isn't time to clean the bathroom properly. 
Day 11: URBAN DICTIONARY hours of fun!
Day 12: COFFEE AND MAKEUP goodness, I need both badly today!
Day 13: FALSE THREAT OF SANTA NOT SHOWING FOR BAD CHILDREN
Day 14: RANDOM RUDOLPH SINGERS A man in a truck rolled down his window with Rudolph the Reindeer blasting on his radio.  He belted out in unison and I couldn't help but to laugh.  I told him Merry Christmas well before Thanksgiving!
Day 15: FRIENDS THAT ARE FAMILY A couple of my forever friends have family that doubles as my extended family.  I love them and I'm thankful for them. 
Day 16: MISTAKES BY THE HUBBY he allows me to poke fun at him and provides hours of entertainment. "Can you pick up a cake mix" Sure "This is ANGEL FOOD CAKE" yeah, so, it's confetti, like you like "AHHH, well, thanks for trying!"
Day 17: BIRTHDAY SLEEPOVER PARTY IS ONLY ONCE A YEAR Day 18: MEDICAL RELEASES- Ash can workout again!  Maybe my pants will fit again soon!?!
Day 19: FOR MY VALUE CITY UPBRINGING Luckily, I was raised on Value City.  I'm assuming that's the reason that I don't mind when all of my friends come over to my duct taped house that's falling apart. Or that I'm searching for a wedding band on etsy rather than a jewelers because we really can't afford a fancy new ring right now. 
Day 20: FACEBOOK  I was TOTALLY grumpy after waking, dressing, feeding and dropping the kids at the babysitter BEFORE 7am.  Wanted to break something when Aaron said they added to his schedule this week...AGAIN!  12's most of the week...and really crappy 12's to boot (3a-3pm)!  BUT then a bunch of women commented that they were frustrated too and it made me feel less alone.  Less want to break something.  By the end of the day I felt bad for my hardworking hubby and sad that the kids will not get to enjoy him, but not bitter.
Day 21: TRAINS, PLANES AND AUTOMOBILES NOT the movie.  The actual transporting devices.  Michigan, DC and Texas in the house tonight!:) Can't wait to have my house full of giggles and hugs and stories and YAY!  Love having so many of my friends in one place:)
Day 22: MY INABILITY TO COOK All I have to bring is sweet potato casserole tomorrow and for that I'm thankful:)



Best wishes for a safe and happy holiday.  Gobble gobble!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment