Thursday, March 22, 2012

My reminder. Always always always.

All powerful. All knowing. Ever Present. 
 Grace. Mercy. Forgiveness.
Faith. Timeless. Hope. Limitless. Love. Infinite.

God

His understanding has no limit (Psalm 147:5). He searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought (1 Chronicles 28:9). His love endures forever (Psalm 136).

Since my days of dorm rooms with stereos booming Dixie Chicks, I have wanted a tattoo. On spring break one year I even went to a tattoo parlor with my closest friends. I was going to pick one of the cute girlie designs and go with it.  I was feeling rebellious that year and ready to mark my independence with a meaningless design. The shop we selected randomly, didn't tattoo feet.

As we walked out of the shop, I pretended that I was disappointed and deflated. Honestly, I was relieved because I didn't know what I wanted! I wanted it to mean something, but what in my life meant enough to have it permanently embedded on my youthful skin?  I have always wanted one, but could not think of the perfect design.  So, yes, mother, even though I'm not eighteen, I still wanted one and even though nobody believed I would actually follow through, I did!

I stumbled on the design on Pinterest of all places. You can check out her blog here: http://amorestef.blogspot.com/2011/02/ggpwn3d-7-failing-flesh.html  Her reasons are part of why I LOVE the design so much.  IMMEDIATELY I knew that I wanted this design. For more than a decade I have thought about what design I would like enough to last forever. A design that will stand the test of time, tell my story, remind me of the scars and the glory.

I LOVE IT!

PLUG: Dominic at Infinite Art 419-292-1990.  I printed a picture of Stef's blog post picture and he drew it up on the spot, kept me calm and it looks amazing. I laughed and used my favorite word quite a few times, but actually it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. I screamed "I have a tattoo!!" all the way home...and, no, I did not have anything to drink before he started! A special memory with Ashley and Wendy that will last forever! 3/21/12

For me, the design starts with the words at the bottom and ends with the words at the top of this post. 'It' and 'that' which can only be explained by God. 

My journey to Him.  A reminder to myself, always always always.

Question. Believe. The Story. The characters. Perceived. Real. Life. Death. Prophesy. Known.
Children. Mother.  Insanity. Still. Water. Wine. Broken. Compassion. Reflection. Face to Face.
Loss. Prosperity. Self-seeking. Charity. Sin. Salvation. Mystery. Knowledge. Confident. Humble.
Failing Flesh. God is Strength. Wilderness. Light. Repent. Rejoice. Fall. Spring. Doubt. Assurance.





No comments:

Post a Comment