Thursday, March 1, 2012

Let's Bake a Moment Together!!!!




You see this picture above??  Honestly, are there ANY mothers that think this is an accurate depiction of a mother making a cake with a toddler?  Am I just a loser mom because I don't think this looks ANYTHING like me or my children when I have the bright idea to have them "help" me make treats?  Look at the mother smiling!!  And her perfect posture as she extends the bowl full of batter gently for her SPOTLESS child to stir!  And an APRON!  Who even owns one of them these days?  And more importantly who would take the time to locate it to make a cake with a toddler?  (We do own a couple aprons, but they are Aaron's:)) SERIOUSLY though!! COME ON Betty Crocker, get real!

Let's bake a moment together...SERIOUSLY!?!?!?

Maybe the next time I ask the kids to "help" me make a cake, I'll have Aaron take a picture of us and I'll send it in to Betty Crocker...because obviously they do NOT understand what an accurate depicition of a mother making a cake with a toddler is!!!!

In my kitchen it looks and sounds more like this:

Happy Smiling Mommy: "Hey guys, do you want to make a cake for Tammy's birthday?"

Three beautiful, harmless children, excitedly: "YAY, Mommy!! That sounds fun!"

Happy Mommy: "Lilly, can you get the mixers? Cami, you grab the mixing bowl...NO!!! KEEGAN, I WILL GET THE EGGS!!!"


MEAN MOMMY VOICE: "GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN...NOW!!!!!"

Sweet, innocent, but WHINY Lilly: "But Mom, it was an accident! We want to help."

Deep breath, deep breath. Scoop Eggs into garbage. Wipe. Disinfect. Dry floor. Deep breath, deep breath.

PRETEND Happy Mommy: "Ok guys, let's try this again.  Keegan, I will get the eggs.  You get a spoon!"

ALL OF THE KIDS WANTING TO DUMP THE INGREDIENTS INTO THE BOWL: "MOM, HE GOT TO DO IT LAST TIME (2 ******** months ago)! MOM, SHE'S NOT OLD ENOUGH TO USE THE MIXER!!  MOM, KEEGAN LICKED THE SPOON AND PUT IT BACK IN THE BOWL!!"

MOMMY WITH HORNS PEEKING THROUGH HER HALO: "Thank you for the help, guys! I've got it from here!!! Take your spoon and lick it, but make sure to give it to me when you're done so that I can wipe you up and put the spoon in the sink."

HAPPY CHILDREN: "OK, MOMMY."

Completely frazzled mother turns her back for ONE second to put the pan in the oven! Seriously, one second!! And the youngest monster is not at the table..."OH ****!!!!!" she thinks to herself!!  She calls for him, follows his little monster voice and finds him sitting happily next to the chocolate smears on the leather sofa chair.

NOT LIKE THE PICTURE PRESENTED ABOVE...NOT AT ALL!!

PS: This story did not actually take place...well, not all at the same time...or last week when I made the cake for Tammy's birthday...BECAUSE I WAITED UNTIL THE KIDS WERE IN BED TO MAKE THE CAKE:)  And no, this isn't the funny story from my trip either, but I'm done writing for the week...maybe some other time;)

Decorating the cake, singing Happy Birthday and eating the cake...I might look like that nice, loving mother in the picture at the top of the post!!  Hope you had a great birthday, Tams:)  Love you!


LOOK AT ALL OF THESE CANDLES...WOW TAMMY IS OLD!!!!!
We let the children put the sprinkles on the cake...DUMP them on is more accurate, I suppose:)

FRIENDS ARE THE BEST:)



No comments:

Post a Comment