Sunday, October 9, 2011

Habitat

Lilly's first project!

I didn't think people would like to look at my kids projects, but I enjoyed looking at Nichole's kids so I thought I'd share. Plus, my mom thought it was absolutely and utterly absurd that I would spend $18 at Michaels craft store to buy things for a project. And I'll probably think it's funny someday, too:)

Purchased craft supply list:
Grass ($3)
Zebra paper ($2.50 for one sheet, but it's SOOOO cute!)
Surrounding animals (set of 10, but Lil only wanted to use 2 of them) ($6.50)
Black pipe cleaner ($1.50)
Googly eyes ($1.50 could not find the things when we did the project so we made a different eye)

Already had supply list:
Paper for background-sky, tree and water
Butterfly was one that used to be my Granny's, but now sits in one of our plants:)
Button for eye
Tissue paper for tree
Glue and things to spread tacky glue
Safari animal stickers
Popsicle sticks for the legs

Lilly picked to do a zebra. I thought since that was the main part of her project we should spend the most time on it so we made the big zebra. I did the cutting, but Lilly did all of the gluing. She also decided how she wanted to set up the animals, grass, water.

Camille and Keegan each glued one of the sides of the skyline on before I could not handle all three of them gluing and cutting and screaming and pushing for position (closest to my face!). I got out the glitter glue and dot to dots for them and that satisfied them for the rest of the project. Lilly put the final touches on her project while I gave Keegan and Camille a shower AND picked up all the craft supplies! She is so responsible it's almost scary!

Anyways, without further ado, here it is!


The project is due Friday. She plans to make a sun out of macaroni noodles above the lion and cover the outside with some type of paper before then if we have time with gymnastics, soccer, girl scouts...LIFE!


PS: She is very knowledgable on zebras! She knows where they live, the top two predators, how they sleep, the closest related animal, that they are believed to see color, what they eat...oh and probably 10 other things that I don't know since she could not read enough information about the "cool, beautiful, wild animal!"

No comments:

Post a Comment