Thursday, April 18, 2013

4,000 Views Equals A Lot of Prayers

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful, inspiring messages!  I have read them all and the love I have received is certainly palpable (one of the new words they use to describe the stupid c word growing inside of me can be much better used to describe the support I have received.  Palpable: Able to be felt or touched).  I can feel it.  I have messages from people praying all over the United States.  They are just as real to me as the scary stuff going on inside my body.


Today I'm going have a Pet Scan.  This is MUCH more scary than a mammogram or ultrasound.   Much more scary not because I have to be enclosed in a tube alone with my brain, but because the results have a major impact on my prognosis.

A Pet Scan will show hot spots if there is cancer present anywhere else in my body. 

Stupid freaking cancer likes to spread so this test is crazy important.

So, this post is mostly just to check in and ask you all to keep praying. 

I am doing alright mentally.  We have done the hardest thing in the world...we told our beautiful children that I have cancer.  That this journey is going to be scary and hard and no matter what Mommy and Daddy love them more than anything on this earth.  They know they have a ton of support and people to talk to when they're scared or mad or sad.  Lilly picked to wear pink today because "Mommy needs us all to fight!"

So, we're going to fight.

Hope and pray that this nasty stuff is contained.

Pray and believe in miracles.

Keep the loud, big, bold prayers coming.

Court, I will be thinking of this verse during the exam.  Thanks, my lady.

Psalm 112:7 They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord.



HOPE

Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Thanks, heid...your wisdom and truth mean so much more than your gifts, but I will wear them everyday with pride!



Kicking cancers ass in style;)



DAMMIT DOLL...SO PERFECT, ANG.  

4 comments:

  1. Laura, I do not know you on a personal level. however I have seen your blog come across my facebook page. I wanted to tell you that first and foremost, I am praying for you. I will continue to follow you story. I also wanted to share with you that after reading your journey with breast cancer so far, I immediately did a self breast exam. I know that may sound kinda weird..but I have always been too anxious, "busy" or too forgetful to do them. Cancer runs in my family as well. Both of my grandmothers had breast cancer with mastectomies. Im only 32. I think a lot of young women think.."it wont happen to me" Because of You, I am going to schedule an annual exam with my OBGYN. It may not sound like much to you, but because of YOU, I VOW to become more aware of my body. I am a mother of 2 beautiful children, and as a mother it's important to take care of ourselves. Thank You for telling your story. I will continue to pray for you and your family. You WILL overcome this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura - I don't know you and of course you don't know me but as I read your story, I am having a hard time keeping it together. Thankfully I haven't had to go through this with anyone in my family so I have no concept of what you are experiencing. My heart is burdened for you and very much for your family. I can't do anything to help but bring you before the One who knows and loves you the most. God bless you and keep you strong mentally, physically and emotionally during this battle. All the best to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, I don't know you either but I do know some wonderful friends of yours from Elmore. One of them told me your story and directed me to your blog. I admire your spirit and most of all your faith. Remember, the good Lord will never give you more than you can handle. The dream and then the discovery tells you that He is working in your life and in your favor. It appears as though you have a wonderful support group and lots of people who love you. That says a lot about you. I will be praying for you and your beautiful family as you begin your journey of healing. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I hope all is going well with your treatments. You and your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete