Thursday, May 17, 2012

How do you guard your thoughts?

The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts; therefore guard accordingly.  -Marcus Aurelius

I have a hard enough time filtering what slips out of my big mouth, let alone filtering my thoughts!!

But, I get the concept, I suppose.  Good thoughts produce good energy, bad thoughts seem to breed and multiply and invade your brain like a fast growing mold.

I am always uber emotional during that time of the month.  I notice my mind wandering more often, contemplating the hard issues in life, tears escape before I can suppress them, and the missing feelings are much worse when I can't seem to get a hold of my hormones. 

I started this post a couple days ago when I couldn't seem to concentrate on anything productive.  I would consciously think to myself "Ok, stop thinking about that!  It doesn't do any good, I can't do anything to change it, and it doesn't matter."  But it's like my mind is handcuffed; holding my positive thoughts out and recycling the bad thoughts on replay.  I am stuck wondering, questioning, spinning and spinning, but fully knowing that the answers can't be found in a book and I can't google them.


What do you do when you can't stop thinking about something?  Where is the key to the handcuffs? How do you let go of the pain?

I suppose you guard your thoughts...easier said than done.

**Sorry for the few males that follow!  I know the mention of "that time of the month" makes some men squeamish:)

4 comments:

  1. IT doesnt do any good.
    I can't do anything to change IT.
    IT doesnt matter.

    So many of your readers oneder what IT is.

    Only you know what IT is.

    Brat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,

    IT can be any issue that I'm struggling to get out of my pretty little head, but yes, I am a brat:)

    Love, Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call friends to drink on the patio! That helped me!!:)
    Jess:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jess, that usually helps:) Hope to see you at the coffee shop tomorrow! (And you looked really pretty on Sunday:))

      Delete