Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mother's Love



Thankful for my Mom.

 

BECAUSE:
·     She doesn't allow life to make her bitter.  She's YOUNG and has already lost so many of her loved ones.  She's been the caretaker for too many for too long...but she smiles through it.
·     When I am out of line, she doesn't hesitate to tell me.
·     She is an amazing example of what you do for your loved ones. (I hope I can be as positive in like 50 years when I put in her a nursing home because I HATE going there...she goes 3-7 times a week).
·     She still loves me after the way I treated her from the ages 15-23.  (I might have thrown a shoe at her when she threw me a surprise 16th birthday party...I MIGHT still yell at her when she doesn't deserve it).
·     She knows how to have a good time...and sings a mean karaoke "Love Shack".
·     She is young enough and more than willing to take my monsters to the park, to the nursing home, to plays, to read to them, to deal with their tantrums.
·     She's learning when her advice is wanted and when I am not in the mood to hear it. 
·     She calls...even when it's hard to pick up the phone.  (Not just when I'm being stubborn, but with everyone that she loves).
·     She taught me how to play euchre.
·     She wishes I was a lawyer and Jake was a doctor...she's satisfied with a paralegal and nurse:)
·     She always ends the conversation with I Love You.
·     When she is hurt, she doesn't let on.
·     From a young age she stressed the importance of getting to know a person before passing judgment.
·     She knows more children songs than anyone I know...and I learned to love and appreciate "When I Grow Up"

Mostly, I am thankful that she taught me, by example, how to be a wonderful mother.

Mom, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment