Monday, November 4, 2013

Strength-Thankful Day 4

Today I'm thankful for strength, but it would take too many words on a status update AND for the people that HATE the 30 days of thanks, this gives them the opportunity to skip my thankful post today if they don't want to click on the blog link;)


Like Kelly posted on my facebook, there are a few reasons that I focus on feeding my inner strength constantly and consistently. 

Side note:My outer strength has wilted away to nearly zilch (is that even a real word?) at this point.  I have zero desire to work out, my trainer is out of commission, and I'm probably not going to want to workout when I start radiation in a week/two either.  Y'all are going to have to deal with the inner tube (the roll that I THINK I've convinced my plastics to help with when he works on my foobs) for a while-sorry!
 
 I must talk and write about the things that keep me alive enough that most people know already because Kelly isn't the first to pick up on it.  I received this awesome Oragami Owl charm from Aaron's cousin, Lynne.  November birthstones, MOM, CROSS, S, pink ribbon and "love" is engraved in the charm.  How 100% me!!  My girlfriends gave me a nearly identical charm so I must be living a pretty transparent life.  Or at least what I value most is pretty obvious to the outside world.
 

 
This week I SHOULD be struggling to stay above water.

I'm physically exhausted from lack of sleep. (I'm hoping that after my muscles and skin relax a little, I'll be able to sleep more comfortably with my big foobs!)

Our car decided to take a shit. One mechanic turned down the work. (THAT'S NEVER GOOD!) The dealership didn't want to give squat for trade in. BUT, there is a mechanic working on it this week and since this type of car is known to have problems with the crank shaft, there is a nifty kit that can fix it (at the tune of $1500-$2000, but that's better than the new engine that he thought we might need;)) I'm writing this during my lunch break because I'm stranded at work until MUCH later than I normally stay here, so I'm actually taking a break today!

Lilly has a slight case of pneumonia in one lung, threw up a couple times yesterday, and I have to take off of work tomorrow because they don't want her to return to school until Wednesday.

Anyways, I need to wrap this up quickly because I have to research which kind of cream that I want to purchase in order to minimize the burning during radiation.

But, you know what!?! I'm not sinking!!

Actually, I'm in a really good mood considering the storm I seem to be right directly in the middle of!

I've been spending a ton of time with the kids.  We had a blast with family this weekend.  I was able to squeeze in time with a couple forever friends this week. I've been reading the Bible more often.  Bible study is back in full swing:)  I can feel the love all around me. 

Find your what feeds your inner strength and focus on it!  Feed it constantly and consistently.  You never know when you're going to need it!

I'm thankful for strength today. 

 

1 comment:

  1. You continue to be an inspiration. Prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete