Wednesday, November 20, 2013

MumboJumboMessofaWeek

It's not possible to form actual thoughts and paragraphs this week.  My brain is on overload.  I forgot to set out the money for the housekeeper-SECOND WEEK IN A ROW! You see, Marci gave me the money and all I have to do is set it out each week from the cleaning fairies.  I remembered to bring up the OVERFLOWING basket of clean clothes to fold...I SHOULD have remembered to set out the money.  But, I forgot.

I also forgot to pack Keegan's lunch!!  Just Keegan's.  I packed lunches for the girls and had them all ready to go...OH YEAH!  I have a third child!! OOOPPSS!! (Don't worry, Ang, I didn't make him eat all of his supper last night and I remembered on my way to treatment and Mimi was packing him a lunch.  Please don't call Child Services on me today;))

Today we have Bible Study.  Don't expect too much today since it's my turn to lead and well, I can't concentrate on anything long enough to...oh except this really awesome book I'm reading.  I love Glennon.  She's my long lost soul mate.  But anyways, I have stuff printed out for BS if we get stuck and don't have anything to discuss.  Feel free to join us tonight at 7pm at my clean, but not paid for house!

I would like to say that I'm busy planning a birthday party for my monsters, but the truth of THAT matter is that half of the invites haven't even been passed out yet and the party is Saturday.  Instead I texted the moms of the monsters that I'm too lazy to deliver the very lame, black and white, uncreative invitation that I printed out in a hurry.  I ordered cookie cakes from the restaurant where I'm a regular (ICE...Love ICE restaurant.  They treat me like family;)) at so that I didn't have to add another stop and actually talk to someone I don't know and I'm having it at the bowling alley so I can kind of relax and let the monsters do...well whatever the hell they want to do!

It's just a mumbojumbomessofaweek, but I know that a few blog followers are wondering what the heck is up with my treatment because they're too cool for facebook.  So, I started radiation on Monday.  28 treatments, 5 days a week...this week I get to add a day and visit St. Charles on Sunday morning as well, but in return they're giving me a 4 day break for Thanksgiving!! YAY!

This was my fb post from Monday morning:
Day 18: Life experiences just in time for life! Right before I was diagnosed, I was in the best shape I've been in since having Lilly. I was eating the right foods, working out regularly AND had recently started YOGA!! Thankfully, breathing techniques that I learned in yoga have helped tremendously with PATIENCE! Arrive at 8am. Wait til 8:15am for doc to arrive. Undress and lay on cold table.... Machine will not turn on (PERSPECTIVE: people lost lives, homes and more during the storm-technical difficulties due to the storm are insignificant, breathe Laura). Redress and wait some more. Undress and lay on the cold table for 30min in the same position. (Breathe, Laura, this too shall pass). Oh wait, we need blood! Student phlebotomist (there is a such thing as TOO NICE!! I SHOULD have said no thank you, I've had enough pokes). Sure, you can try one time! Dig around for a while until experienced blood sucker realizes that I might lose it soon!

Thankful for life experiences just in time for life! First radiation treatment in the books! Ready to get back to yoga!! Calling doctor for approval today!
 
Yesterday and today were MUCH better.  By much, I mean I was in and out of the radiation and at work by 8:30am and they don't open until 8am!  YIPPEE!! 
 
I'm not enjoying the no deodorant until noon...I'm a nervous sweater so by noon I'm already a disaster.  I don't particularly enjoy lathering up with Eucerin two times a day, but so far this treatment is just a pain in the butt.  It's not painful and so far I don't have any side effects.  It's just time consuming and who has time for cancer!?!   NOT ME!!
 
I'm not approved for yoga yet...waaaaa. I'm ready to go back, but I don't really want to pop my implant out or anything so I'm listening.  He yelled at me for completing a few of the exercises that I still need to back off of...namely, push ups.  NO PROBLEM, DOC.  I hate them anyways, but my trainer friends make me...can you call them and tell them I can't do them!? 
 
So, that's the update...it's just a mumbojumbomessofaweek.  If all goes as planned, I will have my final radiation treatment December 27th!
 
OOOOOOOO, I almost forgot...mostly because it's been a mumbojumbomessofaweek!!  I went to a Sarah concert this weekend and it was AMAZING!! SIMPLY AMAZING!! One of my besties, Syndi Lou Hou, bought me tickets a few months ago so that I had something to look forward to after my surgery.  It was everything I could have asked for and more!! I cried during (TOO) many of the songs, I held hands with my best friend during the song that Mrs. Depner sang at our wedding and we found a Jojo's type bar in Dayton after the concert.  I didn't know anyone, I didn't have to talk to anyone other than my bearded man and I was able to soak up so much of the love that fills the air when you're at a Sarah concert.  Oh, and I didn't have any responsibilities either since my momma watched the monsters and we enjoyed a peaceful sleep at a hotel with no wake up call.  Everyone needs a recharge...maybe I can do it again this weekend;)

 
 
 
Cheers to fresh starts and new beginnings.  Crap, it's only Wednesday!!  Cheers to weeks that are just a big bunch of mumbojumbo and surviving them anyways!!
 
XOXO,


 

No comments:

Post a Comment