Thursday, December 15, 2011

Taste the rainbow!


 Since I continue to receive notifications that people are following me on Pinterest, I feel like I need to contribute to the site in some way!  I haven't really spent too much time on the site, but I think this is the type of thing/activity that is posted on here?

Camille wanted to bring in skittles for her birthday snack this year.  I wanted to be a freaking over achieving parent and was not satisfied with simply sending in a bag of skittles...and my children REALLY like to do this type of activity anyways.  I waited until the last minute to purchase supplies and the local grocery store did not have skittles.  Once we started making her birthday treats Camille was ok with using the mini M&M's rather than the skittles that she wanted to send (and I'm sure the rainbows tasted much better this way too)!  

After they washed their hands, they sorted the M&M's by color while I frosted graham cracker with chocolate frosting. 


Once the canvas (frosted graham crackers) was ready, I let them create their own rainbows.


Camille was so super proud of her birthday treats:)  And they were super easy and fun!


Taste the rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment