Friday, January 7, 2011

Babies

Tomorrow two people that I know will walk into the hospital with a baby inside of them. Neither of them will take the baby home with them in a car seat. One baby has already been called home to be with God. One will be taken directly into child services. One mother will leave the hospital even more devastated to have the child out of her. One mother will be relieved to have the child out of her. Please pray for the mother of the child called home after only briefly feeling his/her Mommy's womb. Please pray for the child (and her four siblings) that would LOVE to go home with the mother left devastated and alone. I can't help but question WHY!

Why does God take babies?

Why does he allow the expecting parents to get SO excited only to leave them completely devastated?

Why are parents that are so willing to make the necessary sacrifices for the their children stripped of the opportunity?

Why are the parents that are in jail, addicted to drugs and most importantly the most distant thing from nurturing possible, able to have child after child without any complications?

I have witnessed many of my friends lose their unborn children. Some have heard the news shortly after the wave of excitement knowing that they are pregnant with their child. A couple have carried their babies until full term, picked and planned out the nursery. No matter how long the baby was living inside of them, each and every one of them are left completely devastated.

Every year on the due date or anniversary of death it brings them right back to that day they lost their baby. Every day when they see a child that would be close in age they think about how different their lives would have been. Every time they hear of another couple losing their child it brings that awful feeling of loss directly to the surface. Directly back to that precise second that the doctor told them their was no longer a heartbeat or handing the baby over to the doctors after the brief visit with their earthly body.

It just isn't fair and I can't help but question why.

I know the right answers, I suppose. I even emailed my friend going to have her baby taken out of her tomorrow the reasons why. He needed him/her for a very special reason and/or because he/she was going to be sick and He didn't want them to have to suffer in our earthly world.

I do believe that the parents will one day be reunited with their babies and that they will know immediately who they are because the love that you feel instantly when you find out you are pregnant is a bond that can not be broken. Not even if they are in heaven and you are here. I do believe that He must have a bigger plan in store for all of the parents that have lost their children.

Two of the mothers are now avid supporters of March of Dimes: walking, raising money and awareness in honor of their unborn children, Miley and Ava. One works harder for a cure for her living children than any one person is expected to do. Another spends her days at home showering her living children with all the love and support a child could ask for. So, like I told my friend, I don't know what her calling is, but she certainly has one. Cry, be devastated, but pick herself back up because she is a Mommy now and always.

Please pray for all the Mommy's and Daddy's feeling that empty spot in their heart today and everyday. Please pray for the children of the biological hatchery that they will feel some of the love we are sending as they meet their new sister.

Well before I started a public blog, many of my friends have been forced to read my scribblings...here are a couple edited for privacy. You have many silent supporters my dear friends.

I’ve thought and searched
For the right thing to say
But I can not even fathom.
As you look at her
Lay so peacefully
I can’t help but question.

Why now, what happened,
Did it have to end this way?
You were supposed to arrive so soon.
It’s just not fair
But life rarely is
In heaven I send you a balloon.

Help us now
to wipe the tears
Please take away the fear.
Your mommy and daddy
Need you now
To help them through the years.

Stay in their hearts
for now and always.
Let them know we are here.
I wish I could have held you
And told you stories
I hold so dear.

Stories of the
Way they looked
The day that they found out.
A little one
Was on the way
With so much love- no doubt.

To remind that
You were adored by all
From the very day we heard.
To know you would
Soon be an angel
Never once occurred.

I have never seen
The two people
Who created you with love
Be so emotion filled
Yet so strong
As they think of you above

Sweet, sweet child
I hope you know
Just how much we love you.
And pray for you safe exit
From the world
You barely knew.


As You Grieve and Pray

As you grieve and pray
Please know that we are here
We will be here through each
And every passing year.

We cannot claim to know
How you feel today,
But please understand we are sorry
More than words can say!

The life of a your unborn child
Will forever be treasured
And your love since the time you found out
Cannot even be measured!

Your baby recognizes this bond
That you and its siblings all share
And will always be looking in on you
Showing how much he/she cares.

The twin that survives
Will bring you such delight
But know that when they are hurting
They will never feel alone; there will be a constant light.

A light from the one
Who lived by their side
Inside Mommy’s tummy
Constantly hearing brother and Daddy’s great pride!

As you grieve and pray
Please know that we are here
We will be here through each
And every passing year.

1 comment:

  1. Tears are falling! Good thing I have a fancy cubical and nobody can see me. Laura, you are such a great writer and your words are so true. Each and every time I hear that another mommy has lost her baby my heart breaks and all I want to do is reach out and help!!!! I do still believe that I was put on this earth to help others cope with loss. I haven't found what my niche is quite yet other than raising money when I can. I would love to start a support group not just for mommies but for daddies too. Sometimes, I feel like the daddies are overlooked in their grief. People still ask me how I cope but I'm quite certain nobody asks Adam. You are completely right that to this very day, I still see 3 year old little girls and wonder. It's just been in the past year that I can honestly be happy around other little girls that are 3 years old. That may sound harsh but it's very true. Thanks for your words, I'm begginning to look forward to your posts just as I do Sarah Jones.
    Love, Love, Love
    Always, Always, Always

    ReplyDelete