Monday, July 8, 2013

No tent, but survived with a smile

I'm not going to pretend that I wasn't disappointed to miss the beer tent.  Even if it was a flooded, rainy mess, I wanted to be there.  It's the carnival and it's my favorite time of year!  Warm beer out of a pitcher in a big tent full of people I've known my entire life.  You just can't beat that!

But, I suppose, life saving medicines are necessary.  My body tolerated this treatment a little better than the last round and I was able to get out of the house a little more. (I drank a TON of water before and after treatment like I'm supposed to, so I'm guessing that's why.)  My numbers were great and I did not need the shot of nuelasta:) We enjoyed lots of laughs with my cousins, visitors from Texas, watched the parade with my monsters...we even made it down to the carny long enough to win a fish and eat an elephant ear (Thanks to Reardon's for treating;)).

Not quite the same as riding the rocko planes and sipping warm beer, but I survived;)

Quick update this week because I have house guests:)  Syndi and Tam and LOTS of additional monsters have invaded the Strong house, so no time to write!  We have fun planned all week and I'll try to snap a few photos!

Medical update: Hematologist cleared me for surgery.  I did not have to turn him into a green alien.  He attributed the blood clot to pregnancy and postpartum and praised Dr. Afridi for remarkable results.  (I had an extensive DVT.  My leg was HUGE and when he did surgery he could not guarantee that it would ever return to normal size or that I would be able to return to normal activity without swelling.  My leg is almost normal size (I'm the only one that notices the difference), I have a strong pulse in my foot and I am very active and do not wear a stocking.)  Yippee!! Let's chop them off!

Two more treatments to go!

************************

Happy First Birthday, Adrie!! :)





6 of 8!

He really does love me despite, well, me being me:)

Cookies and milk for breakfast when Keegs has Mommy to himself:)
 
KIDDIE PARADE WITH THE MONSTERS! My bandana was first worn by Shannon Tobias.  She was loved by so many and missed dearly.  Thanks so much for the angel love, Shawnee!

CURLY COUSINS!



The monsters, well and Jason (he thinks he's still a kid), played the most intense game of downpour rain kickball ever.  Fish fry with my cousins was better than the beer tent in all honesty.  We didn't get to take a golf cart ride because I was too achy, but they had me in tears from laughter simply sitting on the porch together. Crazy, Saturday Night Live skit material, but I should probably not blog about it;)





 
We also had a few heavy conversations.  Heid tested positive for the same BRCA mutation as I did, so the Runion clan is practicing Be Ready and Cancer Aware.  My cousins and Aunt are getting tested and mentally preparing for the what-ifs that accompany the faulty gene.  I'm praying for them not to have the faulty gene, please join me. Another month/two of waiting for results is not really what our family needs at this point, but we're strong and aware.
 
And we have faith and hope and love.
 
Lots and lots of love,
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. well small world....Lowell also has a blood clot and has been seeing the Dr. Alfredi.

    ReplyDelete