Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Evil

PHOTO OF THE DAY: EVIL

During this photo a day challenge, I have started to think ahead to the next day or even a few days out.  What can I take a picture of that represents the word they have asked for?  What does the word mean to me?  How can illustrate it in one or even a few photos?

I've been thinking of something to represent evil for a few days now.  I didn't have any ideas that weren't, well, EVIL.  For example, I thought, I could take a picture of X...they are EVIL!  Next I thought, I could take a picture of the gas price posted at the local gas station. But, I was too lazy to stop the car, get out of my car (because my windshields are too dirty to take a photo through) and then snap the picture. 

I tried to think of other things on my drive in this morning that were evil and decided that I would stop at a gas station on my way home if I couldn't come up with anything better.

Well, one of my co-workers answered the call and I didn't even dial his number!  I walked into my office to this cute little surprise!!


"Awww, how cute!  What a nice friend.  He knows how much I love potato chips! How thoughtful!"

NOT!!

He knows that I gave up potato chips for lent!  He knows that they will sit on my desk for the next month and taunt me every second of the freaking day.

TEMPTATION.

I confronted him as soon as he walked in the office:

Mr. Doerner, you are most certainly going to hell.

Fake confused look: What?

Don't play dumb.  I know you bought the effing chips and displayed them ever so beautifully next to my computer!

As he follows me to my office: Laura, I would have searched for Wavy Lays if I would have been the prankster.

BOLOGNIE!! I know you did it.   I know they don't sell Wavy Lays downstairs or you would have bought them! I'm going to get you back.

 (ALSO EVIL-REVENGE)

If you were wondering how my lent sacrifices are going after week one: I want chips more than Facebook.  I haven't really craved for a soda and I'm enjoying my added slice of giving back each day.

I will fight this temptation and leave this bag of chips on my desk until Easter...I can't guarantee that I won't seek revenge;)

Deuteronomy 9:13-21

New International Version (NIV)
13 And the Lord said to me, “I have seen this people, and they are a stiff-necked people indeed! 14 Let me alone, so that I may destroy them and blot out their name from under heaven. And I will make you into a nation stronger and more numerous than they.”
15 So I turned and went down from the mountain while it was ablaze with fire. And the two tablets of the covenant were in my hands. 16 When I looked, I saw that you had sinned against the Lord your God; you had made for yourselves an idol cast in the shape of a calf. You had turned aside quickly from the way that the Lord had commanded you. 17 So I took the two tablets and threw them out of my hands, breaking them to pieces before your eyes.
18 Then once again I fell prostrate before the Lord for forty days and forty nights; I ate no bread and drank no water, because of all the sin you had committed, doing what was evil in the Lord’s sight and so arousing his anger. 19 I feared the anger and wrath of the Lord, for he was angry enough with you to destroy you. But again the Lord listened to me. 20 And the Lord was angry enough with Aaron to destroy him, but at that time I prayed for Aaron too. 21 Also I took that sinful thing of yours, the calf you had made, and burned it in the fire. Then I crushed it and ground it to powder as fine as dust and threw the dust into a stream that flowed down the mountain.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment