Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I am calling you!!

Lately I have been a slacker when it comes to my responsibilities as a Carson's Crew and Kennedy Too team member. I haven't been as forceful with my ticket sales. Rather than getting a babysitter for the meetings I instead asked for the outline and skipped the meeting. I was late asking for my donations. I wasn't really thinking outside of the box when I made my list of people to ask for donations or who wanted to buy a ticket. I was focused on the work part of the fundraising and honestly who likes to work? I would make excuses in my head: “I’m too busy tonight.” or “It’s too early to start knocking down doors to collect money!”

Tonight as I rushed from work to soccer pictures to a church meeting then finally to the CCKT meeting I admit to bitterly commenting to a friend "I don't even want to do it tonight"! My CCKT boss was already inquiring about my whereabouts when I was ten minutes late...it didn't help my bad attitude.

Yet, as soon as we started our meeting the excitement returned. The positive energy is an amazing feeling and when you allow yourself to be filled with the energy it doesn't seem like work anymore! When you think about how much money can be raised in a single evening it is simply astounding! To know that all of your hard work will soon be turned into dollar signs and then into research and advancements toward a cure it makes it all worth it!

As the meeting continued I looked at the sweet little faces of two children that I love dearly and wanted to give myself lashings with a wet noodle! They are so loving and inquisitive. They asked about my kids over and over. They carefully studied my face to catch all of my expressions as they questioned me. They imitated (most likely to the displeasure of their parents) my attitude. I love them and because of them I am called to help with the CFF fundraising.

Carson and Kennedy, these two adorable children that I think of as family have Cystic Fibrosis.



CFF: Cystic fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States (70,000 worldwide). A defective gene and its protein product cause the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that:
• clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections; and
• obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down and absorb food.
In the 1950s, few children with cystic fibrosis lived to attend elementary school. Today, advances in research and medical treatments have further enhanced and extended life for children and adults with CF. Many people with the disease can now expect to live into their 30s, 40s and beyond.

Even with all of the advances, there are many CF warriors that don’t make it to the average. Connor Jones was seven. His mother writes from her heart and the love for her son that is now starting third grade in HEAVEN pours out in each word. This is one of her blogs from last year
LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Today I posted pictures of my little princesses on their first couple days of school. I posted them filled with pride and joy and love. Not until I was on my way home from the CCKT meeting did I think about how Sarah Jones was starting another school year with one less child on earth. I didn’t think about how Amy will have to meet with Carson’s preschool teacher to go over all of his enzyme procedures on top of her anxiety of him adjusting to school. Add to that the stress of the cold and flu that his classmates might bring into his classroom and it might be enough to send a sane person to the nut house.

I don’t have time tonight to write about all of the medicines and treatments that Carson and Kennedy take, but here is a video from last year. Thanks Kori I don’t have time tonight to put into words how very important it is to support this cause or how precious these children are, but here is another blog about Carson. Wind

I don’t have time tonight mostly because I have work to do! I have tickets to sell, I have previous donors to harass, I have telephone calls to make, oh the list just gets longer as I think about it! But as my boss (my real boss, not Kevin;)) has told me time and time again “If you want something done, give it to a busy person!”

Are you busy November 12th from 6pm-11pm?

Ole Zim's Wagon Shed
1375 North State Route 590
Gibsonburg, Ohio 43431


We are getting ready for our 3rd Annual Carson’s Crew Charity Event. The Charity Event will consist of a reverse raffle, silent auction, basket raffles and 50/50. All proceeds go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to fund research for a cure.

The Reverse Raffle has a 1st place prize of $2,500 and 2nd place is $1,000 (WINNER NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN). As we get closer to the event we will be updating the auction/raffle items.

Tickets are $60 and that includes 1 entry in the Reverse Raffle and also gets 2 people in the event with dinner included. There will be a cash bar selling beer and wine. It's going to be a good time for a great cause! You don't have to be present to win, so you can always buy a ticket regardless of whether you can attend or not.

We hope everyone can find it in their hearts to help us out by attending or at least by buying a ticket. Again, you need not be present to win the reverse raffle. Thanks so much for your continued support and prayers! We're just one family helping to make CF stand for "Cure Found!"

Are you too busy to send a donation?

Are you too busy to donate a service you could provide: A pie a month, babysitting for an evening, host a dinner party?

Are you too busy to use your creativity: A premade scrapbook, a handcrafted necklace, a homemade blanket?

As Dede fed me pieces of her cookie tonight I understood that this to-do list isn’t work, it’s a calling. The reason I’m called is because of these two special little ones. If you feel called to help: buy a ticket, donate an item/service, want to receive more information on future fundraisers, let me know! I am calling you!

Recent FB Post from a friend: Jacob was a cheater, Peter had a temper, David had an affair, Noah got drunk, Jonah ran from God, Paul was a murderer, Gideon was insecure, Miriam was a gossiper, Martha was a worrier, Thomas was a doubter, Sara was impatient, Elijah was moody, Moses stuttered, Zaccheus was short, Abraham was old, and Lazarus was dead…. Now what’s your excuse? Can God use you or not? God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the CALLED.

No comments:

Post a Comment