Monday, August 12, 2013

One-third there


 
 


 







Since I'm one-third of the way done with treatment, I thought I'd take a look back.  I never posted most of the pictures from the photo shoot with Britt and eventually I plan to have my blog bound in a book form for the monsters and want these in it.  These pictures, the feeling of *normal, life BEFORE cancer; it all seems so very far away. I can't wait to start growing hair and use scarfs as accessories rather than head wraps!

We are all used to the new normal though and I'm going to squeeze in some *normal activities during the month off of treatment. I'm only working a part time schedule rather than full time schedule to squeeze in lots of fun.  Thank you to everyone that supported us financially, this is possible even with the anticipated time off after surgery!!  Sleepovers with way too many kids, trips to white star and the zoo, weekend of volleyball and fun with Daddy and friends, a spiritual retreat with some of His beautiful Princesses, a fun celebration party and afternoons on the glider are all planned and in the books.  I even get to have a pedicure again after next week!  YAY for *normal!

Surgery is also planned and in the books for September 11th.  The day after my 32nd birthday.  BUT, for now, we're celebrating the end of chemo. 

I'm also celebrating life AFTER a cancer diagnosis.  A life where you don't sweat the small stuff.  One that I rarely argue with my husband.  (My kids can still drive me CRAY CRAY, but I'm working on having more patience with them;)).  A life that is filled with less complaining and more being thankful. 

Speaking of thankful, I need to commend all of you again.  One of my bosses was asking about the support we have received.  I told him that the cards keep coming, the messages pile up, the treats are still in our fridge, etc.  He can't believe it.  He assumed it would die down after the initial shock of my diagnosis, but it hasn't.  It is truly amazing and I will never be able to thank you all enough for everything. 

One of the unique gifts that continues to give, but I'm pretty sure I haven't given a shout out for: E-ZPass for the turnpike.  After one trip to Cleveland, Shari and Mark Slates dropped off a turnpike pass and have been paying our tolls.  Like my mom says, you all think of EVERYTHING.

Blessed beyond words,

* I've never been NORMAL.  Not even close.   But it would be nice to feel normal by my standards;)

No comments:

Post a Comment