Monday, May 13, 2013

So much happens in a week

I will try to make this flow, but there are simply too many things that happen in a week these days to concentrate on one subject!

The day that I could honestly say that I felt 100% was the day prior to my next treatment.  Exactly when you start to feel normal, it's time for another treatment.  LOVELY. My mother joined us at Club Chemo this time:

 The roll in the picture below was not there prior to chemo.  Stop sending sweets!  My pants will not fit soon!!
 Attempting to read, but Club Chemo is too loud...I think it's a Runion thing;)  Beautiful blanket that my friend Andrea made:)
 Aaron thinks this is his lucky shirt...so he'll be in this in every picture of him;)
 Lainer always brings food...also contributing to my lack of waist line.
 Jake pretends to be important, but we all know that he isn't;) Loving my "STRONG" socks from the Schnables. I'm packing them for every treatment!

 
 
Day 14 went by and my hair was still holding strong.  I think maybe everyone dreams that they will be the one patient that doesn't lose their hair, but the next day it was coming out in clumps.   Rather than literally pull my hair out, we shaved our heads.  The kids liked to shave Daddy's, but the girls decided they wanted to be the photographers while Mommy took her turn:



 
Everyone tensed up a bit when it was Mommy's turn, but we still smiled through the event:






Keegs LOVED shaving our heads, but when we asked him if he wanted to shave his pretty blond curls he said NO WAY!!!

 
Jake surprised me and played too:
 
Thursday night I was still feeling pretty well, but this treatment decided to test how tough I am.  A little aching for a day or so wasn't enough the first time around.  This time the aching and pounding headache decided it wanted to stick around a few days and be more constant and annoying.  We still managed to function as a family and spent time shopping for Mother's Day.  We attended a wedding and the play "Annie" (Phoebe Jackson played Annie and she was amazing:)) and my father-in-law cooked the most delicious meal for all of us.
 
It's Monday now and I'm finishing this post from my office.  Back to work, it's Monday!  Still not feeling great, but much better than this weekend.   It's quiet in my office and the work is a nice distraction to the racing thoughts in my head.
 
One other thing I need...I know I've been greedy with prayers lately, but I need more.  Friday night I tucked the headache away for a visit with another young mother that is fighting her own battle with the stupid C word.  She has already had a couple major surgeries and starts her chemo on Wednesday.  I'm asking all of my prayer warriors to add her to your prayer list as well.  She chopped 16 inches of her beautiful long hair and is donating it. Please keep her in your thoughts this week as the first treatment is scary! 
 
Many, many BIG BOLD prayers to this beautiful young mother, Rhiannon:
 

 
 
Philippians 4:6
New International Version (NIV)
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.




 

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed by what a beautiful, strong woman you are. Continuing to keep you and your family in my prayers. You ROCK that hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sure you wont believe me, but I think you look gorgeous with your shaved head. Had I not been reading your blog I would have just thought you were an uber-daring person and did it on purpose!

    ReplyDelete