Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mandatory Fun

So, one of my pseudo-cousins was here a while back visiting. I believe she (and her husband) always have a wonderful time when they come to Ohio to visit. However, prior to their visit, her husband was asked by a co-worker or friend "Why in the world are you going to Woodville, Ohio?". His response was "MANDATORY FUN"! I think this is hilarious! Seriously, too funny!

Many of you know that my husband prefers to be at our house, in his comfort zone, whenever possible. He really could care less about attending cookouts, weddings, housewarming parties, church, and performances at the Stranahan Theater...oh, and the list goes on and on really! Please don't take offense if he does not attend something that you host because it's not you...it's him!

Last week we were invited to something, I forget what it was, Aim, and I knew before I even asked him what his answer would be. I politely turned down the invitation and said it wasn't worth using a "we are doing this, or else" card. If I really want to go and he really doesn't I usually go by myself, but my question is:

What types of "mandatory fun" do you make your significant other attend?

AND

How do you decide whether the "mandatory fun" is worth a "we are doing this, or else" card?

Comments welcome:)


PS: LOVE MODERN FAMILY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment