Thursday, June 30, 2011

Jenni's Challenge Day 3

Your first time away from home.

Hmmm...don't know if the prompt is looking for sleepovers, sport camps, band camp, senior trip, but the first time I wasn't accountable to anyone besides myself was college.

I had some of the very best times of my life and some of the very worst times of my life during my first time away from home. College...you find yourself...kind of. But at the least you learn things about yourself.

I find great joy talking about some of the times shared with some of my forever friends. Dixie chicks, Panama City, Club 60, Offenhauer, Junction, Myles Pizza...your first time away from home is scary, but when you enter the next phase of your life it is equally scary...just like the book "The Places You'll Go"

"You'll get mixed up, of course,
as you already know.
You'll get mixed up
with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left."

Life doesn't come with a map...I'm directionally challenged so I probably would have been lost even if it did!! First time away from home...BG.

No comments:

Post a Comment