Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Balancing Act: Perspective and Prayer







Should I kiss the frog? I don't know!  Mommy said to kiss the frog!  She does feed me, cuddle me, bathe me.  I guess I should trust her? 

I don't know.  I don't think I want to kiss this frog!  It's a frog for heaven's sake.  Why does she want me to kiss it so badly?

Ugh, my Mommy reallllly wants me to, I guess I'll kiss the dumb frog.
That inner voice starts talking to you from the time you're born and it just never shuts up! So often in life ALL I want is to shut off my inner voice for a few minutes of PEACE!!

Life's a great balancing act. Sometimes you just aren't sure where to step and whether to step with your right foot or your left.

“You'll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. You'll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.”
– From "Oh, the Places You'll Go!"

So, what do you do when you're confused?  Which direction do you go? Do you think with your head or your broken heart?


SARAH PLUG:

Sometimes life is so confusing.  All of the directions look frightening and it doesn't seem there is any way to turn.

What works best for me is perspective and prayer.

I have a friend that is preparing her infant for major surgery soon. 

As I went for a slog the other day, I stopped to talk to one of the neighbor kids.  They told me that they have to be in a wheelchair again this year.  They're in elementary school. The same age as one of my monsters.  It breaks my heart to see this sweet child struggle.

When I grab a scarf to match my outfit, I put it around my neck these days.  Some woman are putting it on their bald head as they pack up for the next round of treatment. (ALMOST DONE SARAH!! KEEP FIGHTING.  PRAYING DAILY RENEE, ENJOY YOUR "Good" WEEK!)
----------------------------------
I find that when I start thinking of others struggling, it makes my problems seem so small and immediately I start praying for them.  Praying that they can survive the balancing act known as life.  Immediately, I realize that I don't have half as much to balance as most people do.

Perspective and prayer. 

When you feel like one side is tipping and the other is up in the air, perspective and prayer will put you back into balance.

The planner is full of life again with the start of school, soccer and new obligations. Instead of feeling like one of the balls might drop, I'm going to concentrate on how amazing it is to throw the ball up in the air for the first time...and the second...and the third if I drop them every once in a while.

Perspective and prayer makes the balancing act seem like juggling is easy.

I think Camille is probably using prayer to get her through her first day of school.  I asked her if she wanted to bring her prayer square to school and she said she already put it in her desk last night;)

How do you balance life?

Lots of love and prayers for the students and teachers on the first day of school!!

XOXO, 





No comments:

Post a Comment