Monday, June 2, 2014

Busy Mom Against the World Part #3

 So, I started this "series" a couple years ago with the intention of posting about it more often, but life is BUSY so I don't get to the "Busy Mom Against the World" series very often;)

 I also need to start with a disclaimer: Things do NOT always get done in the Strong house.  Saturday I asked the littles coach, "When do we have snack?"

She responded, "UHHHH, LAST WEDNESDAY!  YOU DIDN'T BRING IT!!"

SO, obviously, I'm not claiming to be perfect...and we are totally going to rock our second snack opportunity.  And by ROCK, I mean BUY something really cool, nothing homemade or anything!! It's not THAT big of a deal that we missed snack when that's really the ONLY thing the little monsters care about when they are 4-6 years of age!!! (SARCASM!! I'm sure the little monsters were devastated to not have snack.  Thankfully, Krista didn't tell the little monsters that the Strong's rents suck at life and didn't send one to the game!!)

-----------------------------

Ok, I really wasn't going to post about me being a craptastic mother that forgets snack.  I was going to tell you about some of the tips that the strong family is working on to keep up with life.

~SOCKS!!! My monsters are folding socks and separating our undergarments into piles every weekend.  Usually it includes complaining.  "MOM, we just did socks!!" To which I respond, "No, that was a week ago.  You don't have to do them, but I'm not dropping you off at your sleepover tonight, taking you to your game, going to the parade, etc. if you don't.  You decide!"

~TOWELS!!  Same thing! Once a week, they fold the towels.  They are not folded as nicely as if I would fold them, but they are folded and I can fold the other clothes while they sort socks and fold towels while I FORCE them to talk to me:)

~SINKS!  During my attempted cleaning tizzy last Friday, I went to get toilet bowl cleaner out of the kids bathroom and noticed both sinks were disgusting.  They are SUPPOSED to clean the sink out each time they brush their teeth.  I clean it once a week, but they are SUPPOSED to rinse it every day.  Keegan was the only one home so he "got" to clean all three bathrooms with me and didn't have to fold socks.

Responsibility.  These monsters are old enough to help out and be responsible for their own things.  I get their water bottle ready for them and set in on the table.  THEY are responsible for grabbing it, putting it in the car AND bringing it home. Same for their gloves/cleats/hats/etc.  If they don't, they don't have it for the next time.  They will learn eventually!  If we continually do it for them, when will they learn?  I tell my softball team that I have three children of my own, I have no desire to have 12 additional children, so they need to pick up after themselves...if I do it, they are going to run to get their things back!

MEAL PLAN! I'm SOOOOO not going to pretend to do this!! But, it does save us a lot of time!  Aaron plans out the meals for the week and cooks them ahead of time when he can.  This way we don't resort to McD's or pizza on busy nights and we have everything on hand to cook what he has planned because he makes the grocery list around the meals.  Thankfully, he's a great cook and does the grocery shopping and cooking, so I suppose the tip for moms here is: Train your husbands properly!! :)


Anyways, those are my thoughts on keeping up with life today.

Any ideas on a good snack?!?!

XOXO,

Laura




2 comments: